Wednesday 26 August 2015

Cheryl's Trust

Hi everyone!

So this is my first blog post that isn't book related! 

In this post I'm going to be talking a bit about a charitable trust which I don't feel has the recognition it deserves. This is Cheryl's Trust. This is a trust that has been set up by X-Factor judge and Girls Aloud member, Cheryl Fernandez-Versini. In 2011, Cheryl teamed up with the young people's charity, The Prince's Trust, with her aim being to improve the support that is available to young people in order for them to turn their lives around and succeed in life, with the idea to begin her work within the North East of England, which is where Cheryl grew up. Cheryl has committed to set up a centre which will be a place vulnerable young people in this region can visit if they are struggling with a variety of situations. The most recent bid to fund-raise for her trust includes Cheryl collaborating with Greggs to bring out a new chocolate bar, 'Belgian Chocolate Crunch' which will be sold in stores from 8th September 2015 for eight weeks, and 5p from every bar will go towards Cheryl's Trust. *

Picture source: http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/25/cheryl-fernandez-versini-throws-her-weight-behind-greggs-charity-chocolate-bar-campaign-5359385/

Classing myself as one of Cheryl's 'soldiers' and being a huge fan of Cheryl, I obviously completely support this trust, however if I was not a fan of Cheryl, I would still 100% be in support of this. Personally, I believe that this trust will change so many lives of young people in order to help make the current and future generations more successful and able to achieve their potential. The only place I tend to see this trust being advertised is mainly by Cheryl and Cheryl's soldier's themselves, and this is the reason I've given you all a little more information about the trust, because so many more people need to be informed about this! 

Despite me feeling like this trust does not get enough recognition, I do feel like the people who do support this trust, especially Cheryl's soldier's, show a huge amount of support to Cheryl and her trust!! I know for a fact that Cheryl realises how much her soldier's support her, but I just wanted to highlight one twitter account which I know about in particular. Their username on twitter is @CherylsTrust. Recently, their latest sign of support to her trust was creating a lyric video. This video was created by the person who runs and originally set up the twitter account in support for Cheryl's Trust. One of Cheryl's soldier's, @ChloeHOfficial, wrote and sang the song, and other soldier's (including myself) created pictures that included a line of the song each, these elements were then all put together to create the video. It would brilliant if you could all check out the video which I have inserted below, as the people involved put a lot of effort into creating it :). 



I thought I'd add in the picture of the lyric that I created and
that was used within the lyric video, in case anyone was interested
in which lyric was the one that I made :).



That is all for today's blog post. I'm sorry about it containing a lot of information, I just feel like I needed to write all of this to help create more recognition for this wonderful and worthwhile trust!*

I hope you all give even a couple of minutes to check out the work this trust does and find out more information about it! I'd love it if you comment down below and tell me if you do :).

Bye for now,



*All opinions are my own and any factual information I have obtained from the following websites and re-worded into my own words (No copyright is intended!):


4 comments:

  1. She's doing a great work, and it's nice to know that she has so many soldiers helping her to spread the word.
    I came here through swap-bot, and I can see this blog is quite new. Good luck with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah she is definitely doing great & all of us soldiers are behind her :). Thanks for the lovely comment!x

      Delete
  2. What a great idea for a collaborative work with the song! And for such a good cause, too. I really hope her mission receives the support and exposure it deserves. Good on you for getting behind it, too. Thanks for sharing it. -Ang (angel1985 on SwapBot)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was a brilliant idea, the person running that twitter page is lovely too, she definitely needs the recognition of Cheryl for doing it! Thanks, it's been lovely to share her work through this blog post :). Thank you for commenting!x

      Delete